Fawcetts Garage has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this site.
Whilst every effort is made to produce up to date products and specifications, this site should not be regarded as an infallible guide to our vehicles products and services, nor does it constitute an offer for the sale of any particular vehicle.
Our Privacy Statement
At Fawcett’s we will keep you informed of how we collect, store and process your personal data with security being a primary factor in everything we do.
As you may know we have to keep some of your personal data, such as your name, email address, payment details and driving licence details to enable us to sell a vehicle to you or carry out some aftercare work, such as warranty.
Finally, we will always give you the option not to receive marketing communications from us and you can always update your marketing preferences through our Marketing Department via the following contact methods:
Post: Marketing Department, Fawcett’s Newbury, The Triangle, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 7HT.
Phone: 01635 46660
The contents of this statement may change from time to time, so you may wish to check this page occasionally to ensure you are still happy to share your personal data with us. Where possible we will also contact you directly to notify you of any changes. Below is our detailed Privacy Notice which is live from 25th May 2018.
Fawcett’s Garage (Newbury) Limited ("we, "us" or "our") are committed to protecting and respecting any personal data that our current, former and potential customers (jointly referred to as "customers" or "you") share with us.
This statement describes what types of personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, how it is used and processed by us, how we share it with others, how you can manage the personal data we hold and how you can contact us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
When visiting www.waylandsautomotive.co.uk (and any sub-domains unless expressly excluded), www.volvocarsnewbury.co.uk ("our websites"), our social media pages e.g. https://www.facebook.com/WaylandsVolvo/?fref=ts or using our live chat available through those websites you will be asked whether you accept and consent to the practices described in this notice. It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data and what your rights are.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the new General Data Protection Regulation, the Data Controller is Fawcett’s Garage (Newbury) Limited (Company No: 01166664 of 47 Castle Street, Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom, RG1 7SR. If you have any questions about how we process your personal data, please contact email@example.com.
What personal data do we collect from you and from where?
We will collect information about you and your vehicle when you use Fawcett’s websites, complete forms on our social media pages, use our live chat facility, visit our dealerships, correspond with us over the phone, email or otherwise contact our Customer Engagement Centre. We may also collect personal data about you from third parties e.g. Modix/Autotrader if you submit an enquiry to them about our services. We will collect some or all of the following data about you:
- Name (Including Title)
- Address - Phone Number
- Date of Birth - Email Address
- Vehicle Information (including registration number, VIN, service reminders, mileage and warranty repair information)
- The date and time you used our services - Your IP Address
- The internet browser and devices you are using
- Cookie Information (please see section on Cookies for further information)
- The website address from which you accessed our site - Details of any transaction in our dealership
- Voice recordings of calls you make to our dealerships or Engagement Centre
- "Live Chat" Records - Marketing and communications data which includes your communication preferences in receiving marketing from us.
How do we use this personal data?
Fawcett’s will only process personal data for the purpose it has been collected. We use personal data held about you in the following ways and on the following legal bases:
• Consent unless we already have a relationship or contract with you at 25th May 2018, we will only send you marketing communications about goods and services we offer (such as
promotions, events, products or services we think may be of interest to you) by email or text if we have your consent to do so. You can withdraw your consent at any time by clicking on "unsubscribe" with any communication or by using the Customer Data Hub to change your preferences.
• Contractual - to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between
you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us,
such as a service plan. We may also rely on this basis to legitimise any processing of your personal
data that is necessary to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with you e.g. discuss
• Legitimate Interests – We may use and process your personal data as set out below where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so.
A. Processing necessary for us to support customers with sales and other enquiries:
a. To respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us (for example test drives, service requests, brochure requests or information about specific vehicles);
b. To provide vehicle support and services (for example warranty services, service reminders, product recalls).
B. Processing necessary for us to understand customers’ and drivers’ needs with a view to continually improving services:
a. To analyse, evaluate and improve our products and services so that your dealership experience, website experience, customer engagement centre and bodyshop centre can be improved. (This will generally involve multiple participants and it does not identify you personally);
b. To undertake market analysis to help us understand you better as a customer and tailor our marketing information to be more relevant to you as an individual; c. In some case we may use automated methods to analyse, combine and evaluate. For example, when your mileage suggests you are due a service – we will send you tailored communication to the effect.
C. Processing necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns:
a. holding personal data for marketing purposes;
b. To send or provide you with marketing information by email, text, phone or post from time to time for the next 7 years after you have purchased a product from us or for the next 3 years after you have visited our workshop. We will only contact you with information about our own products and services which you can stop at any time by following the information on the marketing communication or otherwise asking us to stop;
c. To contact you from time to time with marketing information (unless you object) if you have expressly indicated to us that you are acting on behalf of a business or where we have obtained your business contact details. In relation to any such information we send by email or SMS, we will include an option allowing you to object to receiving future messages by unsubscribing;
d. To contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us. To find out more please refer to the information provided on the help pages of the platforms on which you receive advertising from us;
f. To administer competitions and promotions that you enter with us from time to time and to distribute prizes.
D. Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively:
a. To verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer;
b. For network and information security purposes i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access;
c. To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request).
d. To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies.
E. Legal Obligation
a. We may process your personal information to comply with our legal obligations (for example to register your car with the DVLA) F. Vital Interest a. On occasions we will need to process your information to contact you if there is an urgent safety or product recall notice and we need to inform you about it.
How do we share this information?
We will not sell your information to third parties. However, we may from time to time disclose your information to the following categories of companies or organisations to which we pass the responsibility to handle services on our behalf.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you, which includes car manufacturers, finance companies, Motability;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site e.g. Google Analytics;
- credit reference agencies such as Experian for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you. We will also disclose your personal information to third parties for the following reasons:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the seller or buyer (or prospective seller or buyer) of such business or assets;
- Where it is necessary to share with our members of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. For example, if a customer has an existing relationship with Dealership A they could receive marketing information from Dealership A if they have provided consent. If the customer then establishes a relationship with another dealership (dealership B) they could also receive marketing information from this dealership too. However, other dealerships within the group would not contact a customer unless they had an existing relationship with them.
We take steps to ensure that any third-party partners who handle your information comply with data protection legislation and protect your information just as we do. We only disclose personal information that is necessary for them to provide the service that they are undertaking on our behalf. We will aim to anonymise your information or use aggregated non-specific data sets where ever possible.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to comply with our legal obligation or perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with hire purchase agreement). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it as explained above, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Where will we store your information?
We hold your information in the UK, however some third-party service providers may store data in the US. Where we transfer data with third parties based in the US, we insist partners are members of the approved EU-US Privacy Shield scheme which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
How do we keep your data secure
Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your computer or browser and therefore when your data is transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not hold your personal data in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. If you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with us we will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if we have obtained your details in connection with a prospective relationship. If we have a relationship with you, (for example you are a customer or the registered driver of a leased or other vehicles purchased from us, a service customer of one of our dealerships, a customer or one of our approved Bodyshops) we will ultimately hold your data as follows:
- Customer data will be held while you are an active customer with one of our dealerships or service centres and a vehicle is attached to your customer record.
- If you no longer have a relationship with a dealership and no vehicle is attached to your record, we will hold your record for 7 years from the date our relationship ends. We hold your personal information for this period to establish, bring or defend legal claims.
- All vehicle data will be held for 7 years from the date our relationship ends.
- Where we have obtained your personal information following a request for information, test drive, brochure, valuation, quotation or other information on any of our products or services, we will hold your data for 1 year from the date we collect the information. Unless during that period we form a relationship with you e.g. you purchase or lease a vehicle.
- We will contact you up to 45 days from the initial request for information unless we have received consent in which case we will contact you for up to 1 year.
The only exception to the periods mentioned above are where:
- The law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner
- Where you have raised a complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 6 years following the date of that complaint or query
- You exercise the right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law
You have the right as an individual under data protection law to carry out the points below. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search your personal data. Except in rare case we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request (including any identification documents requested). You have the right to:
- If we are relying on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time, at which point we shall stop processing your personal data in that way. Please note this does not affect the legality of our processing up to the date of your withdrawal of consent.
- You can seek to restrict our processing of your personal data, ask us to rectify any personal data we hold about you or object to us processing your personal data for the purposes stated above.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you think that we have infringed your rights. You can find more information about reporting a matter to the ICO at the following link: https://ico.org.uk/
- You have the right to access personal data held by us about you.
- In certain circumstances you have the right to ask us to provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format to allow you (or us on your behalf) to transmit this information to another party. More information can be found at https://ico.org.uk
- In certain circumstances you have the right to ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you. Such circumstances include (a) where we no longer need your personal data for the purposes set out above; (b) if you withdraw your consent to our processing; (c) if you object to our processing based on our legitimate interest and we have no overriding legitimate grounds to continue processing your personal data; (d) if we process the data unlawfully; or (e) where the personal data has to be erased to comply with legal obligation to which we are subject. We will consider any such request in line with GDPR. Please note this is not an absolute right and there may be circumstances where we choose not to delete all of the personal data we hold about you. More information about your right of erasure can be found at https://ico.org.uk You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us as below:
Post: Marketing Department, Fawcett’s Newbury, The Triangle, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 7HT.
Phone: 01635 46660
If you have any specific data protection concerns or a complaint, you can address it to our CRM Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please help us by keeping us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
What are cookies?
- To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content of our site to match your preferred interests; including any ‘favourite vehicles’ or ‘vehicle comparisons’ you may save.
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website.
We cannot identify you personally in this way. Two types of cookies may be used on Fawcett’s internet sites: session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for longer, (how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
You can accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our websites if cookies are disabled. You can find information on how to disable or enable cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. This version was last updated on 17th May 2018 and historic versions can be obtained by contacting us.
Volvo Cars Information Notice
Volvo Car UK Limited registered in England, with company number 02281044 and having its registered address at Scandinavia House, Norreys Drive, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 4FL, hereinafter referred to as "VCUK", "we", "our" and "us", will as controller process your personal data as described below.
Purpose and legal basis for processing
We process the personal data that you provide in connection with your contact with one of our authorised retailers and repairers including the purchase of products branded VOLVO and services for such products. The purpose of our processing is to administer your enquiry and purchase (from purchase to delivery) including necessary contacts with authorities for official registration of the vehicle as applicable, follow up on the delivery to ensure your satisfaction and to communicate updates related to the products and services that you have purchased. If you have ordered a service of your vehicle, the workshop needs - at the time of the service - to download information from your vehicle and send this to us for analysis in order to be able to perform the service. We may also use your personal data in sales statistics, research and development. The legal basis for all of the above processing is "legitimate interest".
Disclosure and Transfers
Your personal data will be disclosed to and processed by your selected retailer/repairer, our affiliates and our business partners for the above purposes. Your personal data will also be disclosed to Vehicle Registration Authorities when applicable. Your personal data will furthermore be disclosed to and processed by our parent company Volvo Car Corporation (a Swedish legal entity with registration number 556074-3089). In relation to our business partners located outside of EEA, we will transfer your personal data on the basis of the Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission.
All rights, including copyright and database right, in the website and its contents, are owned by or licensed to Fawcetts Garage, or otherwise used by Fawcetts Garage as permitted by applicable law or the copyright holder. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast or transmit any text, images, graphic, logo, button, icon, image and their selection and arrangement thereof, and any underlying source code and software, for any commercial or public purpose without prior written permission from Fawcetts Garage or the copyright holder.
You may not adapt, alter or create any of the material or information in this site or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal non-commercial use. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes.
Fawcetts Garage reserves the right to use for its own purposes any material submitted to the site, including text and images, either on the site or in any other form, including for publicity purposes. Fawcetts Garage reserves the right to monitor submissions to the site and to edit or reject any submissions.
We try to ensure that information on our site is accurate, complete and up-to-date. In using this site, however, you agree to be bound by the Terms & Conditions, which take effect on the date when you first use the site.
Without prejudice to your statutory rights, the site and all information, text, names, images, pictures, logos, links and icons and other materials (without limitation) are provided 'AS IS' and on an 'IS AVAILABLE' basis without representation warranty or endorsement, express or implied. In particular, we do not warrant or represent the accuracy or completeness of information provided on this site nor do we guarantee that use of this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the site and its servers are free of computer viruses or bugs.
In no event will Fawcetts Garage be liable to any person for any damage or loss that may arise from the use of any information contained in our site or products displayed on our site, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site.
Notwithstanding anything else in these Terms & Conditions, we will not be liable for claims relating to the functionality or availability of this site.
All names, images, logos identifying Fawcetts Garage are proprietary marks of Fawcetts Garage. All third party brand, product, service and company names contained on this site are the trademarks, service marks and trade names of their respective holders. Fawcetts Garage does not give permission for their use by any person other than the holders. Any such use may constitute an infringement of the holders' rights.
Fawcetts Garage does not represent, warrant, endorse or hold esponsibilityover any external sites that may be linked to and from this site. An external site that you visit by clicking through a link on this site is outside the control of Fawcetts Garage and you visit entirely at your own risk.
The software downloads from this site have been thoroughly scanned and tested at all stages of production, but - as with all new software - we still recommend that you run a virus checker before use. We also recommend that you have an up-to-date backup of your hard disk before using the software. Fawcetts Garage cannot accept responsibility for any disruption, damage and/or loss of data on your data or computer system that may occur while using the software. Consult your network administrator before installing any software on a networked computer.
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising here shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Fawcetts Garage reserves the right to change any of its terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online.
If you do not accept these Terms in full, you must stop using this website immediately.